AUR helpers assist those using Arch Linux to install unsupported software using user created install scripts. This is one of the many.
Features (i.e., why it isn't small anymore)
- Regex search: spinach -sq kernel | grep 'pf$'
- Repo support: spinach --rep -sq nouveau
- Checks for updates with multiple threads and using the multiinfo option on the RPC
- Provides DIY operations if you don't want to let spinach install for you
- Copies the built packages to a cache
- Batch installation: spinach -i this and that downloads them all, lets you view them, and then builds and installs them
- Create/modify PKGBUILDs and then install with depend support: spinach --custom ./ -i something
Prerequisites: sudo pacman --needed -S base-devel jshon expac
Spinach: curl -Lo s raw.githubusercontent.com/floft/spinach/master/spinach;less s;read;bash s -i spinach;rm s
Search: spinach -s package
Print info: spinach -p package
Install: spinach -i package
Upgrade: spinach -u
For more information, read see `man spinach' or `spinach -h'. For recent changes, see the change log.